Monday, March 26, 2012
A Perfect Pet for Payton: Book Review & Giveaway!
Well, this adorable book, A Perfect Pet for Payton, is a children's book that teaches kids about the 5 love languages in a way that is fun and easy for them to understand. Join twins Peyton and Penny on their amazing birthday adventure! Children and parents alike will experience firsthand the power of the love languages as they cuddle up and spend precious time together reading this book over and over again.
"This wonderfully imaginative children’s hardcover book by bestselling authors Gary Chapman and Rick Osborne, featuring four-color illustrations (with hidden details!) by Wilson Williams, Jr., will help children learn the importance of love. Based on Gary’s highly successful The 5 Love Languages®, A Perfect Pet for Peyton tells an entertaining and playful story of five children who each, with the help of Mr. Chapman and the unique pets at his special emporium, discover their own personal love language. Children and parents alike will experience firsthand the power of the love languages as they cuddle up and spend precious time together reading this book over and over again."
My little guy loved looking at the beautiful illustrations, as well as searching for special items noted in the book, on each page. My only reservation about this book is that it is a very long children's book, so for younger children, you would probably need to read it over a few nights to finish it. Older kids would have a longer attention span. Aside from that, I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in the 5 Love Languages, or for anyone who loves a great family fun, and educational book.
Buy It: You can purchase this book on Amazon.com
WIN IT! The folks at Northfield Publishing have offered one of my readers their own hardcover copy of A Perfect Pet for Payton! ($16.99 value!) This would make a great birthday gift!
ENTER TO WIN! There are TWO Mandatory Entries! All other entries are optional, but the more you complete, the better chance you have at winning! Leave one comment per entry.
1) Mandatory: Let me know if you have (or not) read any of the Love Language books!
2) Mandatory: Follow n.c. baby blog via GFC (or tell me if you already do)
3) Follow n.c. baby blog on facebook
4) Tweet about this giveaway! You can do this once daily! Please leave link to tweet.
5) PIN any picture from this post on your Pinterest account! leave me your link to your pin. (If you need a Pinterest invite, email me!)
6) Blog about this giveaway and leave your link so I can find it! (+3 entries, leave 3 comments)
7) Enter any other of my CURRENT giveaways ( 1 entry for each giveaway entered)
8) Subscribe to n.c. baby blog via email ( on right side of blog)
9) Add my n.c. baby blog button to your blog! (+3 entries, leave 3 comments!)
GOOD LUCK!!! Giveaway will close 4/13 at 11:59 pm EST. Giveaway is open to US and Canada readers! Winner will be picked the following day by Random.org and will be emailed and announced on the blog. Winner has 48 hours to confirm their prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen. Thank you to Northfield Publishing for the review product and the giveaway prize!
Northfield Publishing provided a sample for my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100 percent my own.